JustRights is an alliance of organisations who believe that:
- Children and young people are a uniquely vulnerable client group with legal needs and advice-seeking behaviour that are distinct from those of all other client groups.
- Only carefully tailored – and properly resourced – service delivery approaches will be successful in meeting the specific needs of children and young people.
- Current arrangements do not provide the legal services needed by children and young people if they are to enjoy the rights and protections the law affords them.
- The benefits to society of investment in accessible legal services for young people outweigh the costs.
We are working to achieve a legal system which provides:
- Fair and ready access to high quality independent legal advice and representation for all children and young people whenever they need it.
- Recognition of children and young people’s distinct needs for support in exercising their legal rights